This is a recipe inspired by a dish I had at my sister-in-laws when my husband & I were dating! This is his favorite, so I’ll share it as the first love coming to you from my Kitchen!
Red Lips’ French Dip
3-4 lb. Roast or Brisket
2/3 cup of Red Wine
1/2 bottle of Liquid Smoke
1 cup of Brewed Coffee
Soy Sauce (to taste)
2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp. of Chopped Garlic
1 package of Onion Soup Mix
Garlic (to taste)
Tony’s Seasoning (to taste)
1. Rinse Roast.
2. Make 1/2 slits in roast with a knife and stuff with the chopped garlic.
3. Marinate the roast in the Red Wine, Liquid Smoke, Soy Sauce, Tony’s Seasoning and Garlic Salt for at least 30 minutes. Reserve the liquid for later.
4. Pour the 2 Tbsp. of Oil in a Skillet and get it hot (I use a cast iron skillet). When oil starts to bubble, place the roast in the oil. Keep the temperature on Med. High and watch close. Cook until brown on all sides turning frequently.
5. Remove the roast and place it in a Crock-Pot sprayed with Cooking Spray.
6. Add 2 cups of Water to the pan you browned the roast in and deglaze the pan. Which means, scrape the bottom of the pan until it looks like a thin gravy. Pour the gravy over the roast in the crockpot.
7. Add the reserved liquid to the crockpot. Sprinkle with Onion Soup Mix plus the one cup of Brewed Coffee. Add 2 more cups of water. Cook in the crockpot 6-8 hours on low.
Shred the roast, serve it on warm crusty bread with a side of the gravy to dip the sandwich in. I do not thicken my gravy, but you can.
Red Kisses from my kitchen to yours!